Monday, May 26, 2008

Arrival In Prague

I'm back in Europe for part two.

The flight(s) were terrible. Not that they were bad flights, but I had a nine hour lay over and two connecting flights meaning I had to go through customs and security a a million times, and I traveled for about 24 hours straight.

I almost missed my flight in Frankfurt because the passport check line was so long. I had to run through the airport which nearly killed me after sitting for so long.

But I did make it to Prague, and I'm sitting in my hostel now thinking about where I'm going to get my food from. It's a much different transition than last year. College has accustomed me to food whenever I want it, privacy whenever I need it, and friends whenever I want them. Although I'm nowhere near a culture-shocked as I was last year, this makes up for it. The thought of going out and finding food is much more daunting than I remember. At least everything is cheaper here.

My hostel is pretty crazy. I'm in a room with about 20 other people with 3 different levels of bunks. The moment I walk in a girl started telling someone about "a girl with blonde dreads who has having sex last night and then peed all over someones luggage drunk afterwards".

Ahh, the hostel life.

I haven't ventured much because I have been so tired. I slept for a few hours as soon as I got here. Alright, I'm going to go find some food in this city.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ryan =)
the first comment is mine hehe.
i wish you all the best in europe!
have a nice stay!
ciao ciao
klara

Anonymous said...

hey man! sorry to hear your flights in were so bad... I'm headed over to london tomorrow evening, flying out at 6:40pm. Hopefully it'll go smoothly... I'll be checkin your page often to keep up on your whereabouts... check mine as well so we can coordinate meeting in Vienna. Best of luck in Prague - I hear it's an awesome city! Hope to see you soon bud

-moffitt

Anonymous said...

hey ryan, welcome back. i hope you enjoy your stay. check out the http://www.karlovylazne.cz/index2_en.php club in prague, cheap beer and heaps of swedish girls ;) unfortunately its not possible for me to join you somewhere, i will have my final examination in 3 weeks :(
but you can stay here in düsseldorf again if you want ;)
ahoj!
stefan

Anonymous said...

actually you can see the club on your prague picture, its to the left of the right tower

Anonymous said...

Of all the insane things I did in college and for a few years following, I never stayed in a hostel. Thank you for reminding me why. Wish I could check out that club in Prague Stefan mentioned. Well, you know, because of the cheap beer. It has nothing to do with the Swedish girls. Stay safe & have fun!

Dad

Anonymous said...

the club is to the left of the tower in the middle