Saturday, December 31, 2011

Melbourne, Victoria: Arrival

After upwards of 20 hours in the air, I am here. 

If you ever have the opportunity to fly Virgin Airlines...do it. On the way to LAX I watched the Champs Bowl while sipping ginger ales I ordered from a touch screen. The flight to Melbourne had a ton of great movies to stream for free (everything from Citizen Cane to Midnight in Paris), and countless episodes of Modern Family to punctuate my snoozing. I was able to sleep most of the way, setting me up for a seamless transition into a timezone sixteen hours ahead of EST (I left at 1:30AM EST and arrived at 8:15AM local time). As of writing this (7PM) I haven't slept...I hope to stay awake long enough to catch the midnight fireworks and then sleep the night.

But I'm getting too tired to write anymore. And now the fight will begin. My plan for the night includes wine-drinking in a park. I'm sure I'll be fi...

No comments: