Monday, January 9, 2012

News...

So a few days have passed and I am happy to report that I have found employment at "the gravy train" - a local cafe only a short walk away from my house. They hired me despite my lack of cafe experience, and I am quickly learning how to carry multiple coffees without spilling their scalding contents onto children.

Back to New Years Day. After we returned from the races, Eben, Petra and I decided to see a free show in St. Kilda (beachfront area of Melbourne). Upon arrival at 9PM, we found out the DJ we wanted to see didn't go on until 1AM, which ended up being 1:45. Needless to say, we were exhausted at the end of that day, my first full day in Melbourne.

Things did slow down for a bit after that, and I spent my time peppering the town with my resume. Amusement parks, book stores, ice cream shops, bars, cafes, any place that had a door I gave my resume to. I got a few call backs, and one of them was the bar that I mentioned in the last post. They thought I did a good job after my "try-out", but I haven't heard from them since. I'm going back tomorrow to pick up my wages and we'll see what they say. I much prefer the cafe job anyways. Pays the same, and doesn't require a train ride.

So for the next week I'll be working almost every day until Brooke gets here (the 17th). Then some serious sight-seeing begins, and I can relax for a bit (read: no work).

Soon I will share with you the coffee culture of Melbourne...stay tuned...

1 comment:

chris said...

dude, melbourne?! ridic. safe trip and fun times